PMAM Leadership Lyceum
PMAM Leadership Lyceum Program Purpose
PMAM seeks to identify and develop a well-informed and highly motivated group of emerging leaders with a strong commitment to the mission and strategic objectives of the PMAM and its affiliated associations.
PMAM Lyceum Title Requirements
In order to receive the title of PMAM Lyceum Graduate. All of the listed requirements must be completed within a two-year period; however, a one year period is encouraged. (Exceptions to the time period may be granted in special circumstances.)
Complete PMAM Lyceum Leadership training class.
Then each of these is required:
- Attend the five virtual trainings and one in-person training as well as the wrap-up lunch. Complete all homework assignments.
- Attend Capital Day in Lansing briefing as well as two meetings with Representatives or Senators. (Can substitute attendance at Advocate or two association sanctioned legislative meetings.)
- Active membership in PMAM/Local Association
- Active membership in at least one committee of PMAM or local affiliate for one year with 75% or greater attendance
- Attend at least one PMAM Legislative Committee meeting
- Attend the GLAStar Education Program
- Attend the GLAStar Gala
- Attend at least one general membership meeting
- Attend at least three home affiliate chapter special events (ie., trade show, member mixers, golf outing, etc.
- Sign a commitment to the program
- Attend at least two educational programs of local affiliate
In addition, a minimum of two of these are required:
- Attend NAA Apartmentalize including attendance at NAAEI Curriculum committee, NAA Legislative Committee Meeting, Region III Meeting and a NAA Board of Directors Meeting
- Attend NAA Advocate Conference including attendance at NAAEI Curriculum committee, NAA Legislative Committee Meeting, Region III Meeting and a NAA Board of Directors Meeting
- Attend NAA Assembly of Delegates including attendance at NAAEI Curriculum committee, NAA Legislative Committee Meeting, and Region III Meeting a NAA Board of Directors Meeting
- Attend at least one PMAM BOD meeting
PMAM Lyceum Graduate Expectations
Graduates of the PMAM Leadership Lyceum program are expected to support the organization with key positions of leadership in local affiliates, PMAM and/or the National Apartment Association. Graduates will also seek to find and mentor others to become committed to the association and become Leadership Lyceum graduates themselves to further the goals of PMAM.